Saturday, October 29, 2005

Static cling

Last night I went to a Halloween party. It was one of those "costumes aren't mandatory but we'll definitely make fun of you for being insufferably lame" sort of parties.

I went as static cling, which was a huge hit. Credit must be given where it is due - to Chris' sister Terra, who came up with the idea. (Terra's other fantastic ideas included my personal favorite "The Grapes of Wrath" - get grapes, throw them at people.) I teased up my hair, pinned socks all over my clothes, and stuck a balloon on my head. Photographic evidence is attached.

I don't usually go to parties. In fact, I don't really have any friends in Tucson, so my social life is limited to bike rides with my coworkers and lots of quality time with James. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I don't usually go to parties.

I had a surprisingly fun time. I knew enough people that it wasn't uncomforatable, and since it was a costume party you always at least had your costumes to talk about. James stayed home, not really liking "costumes" or "parties" or "people he doesn't know". I chatted with some grad students from my department, had a few drinks, and generally had a good time

No comments: