Monday, April 24, 2006

Just some stuff

It's 71 in Tucson right now, and only expected to hit 81 today. That's downright chilly for late April here. I'm going to do something after work to take advantage of the nice weather. Like, you know, play computer games.

I found this Wikipedia entry on "leetspeak". It's maybe the funniest thing I've ever read. Note the totally egregious misuse of the word sociological.

My doctor's office called me this morning at 7:40 to cancel an appointment. In what world is 7:40 a reasonable time to call me? The world where I leave for work at 8? Irrelevant I say! I wasn't planning on getting up until 8:05, so I got back into bed and slept until 9.

I'm an official freak about timezones. I used to not care, because no one who lives in the Eastern time zone needs to care. Everything is calibrated to the East Coast. But now I live in Mountain Standard Time. Always MST, because we don't observe daylight savings time. One of my top ten pet peeves is the misuse of "standard time" when one really means daylight time. Last week Blogger said they were going down at 4 pm PST. Which of course was a lie, because it's Daylight Time right now, and they went down at 4 pm PDT. So I wrote to them, being a timezone freak and all. And today their scheduled outage posting is for 4 pm PDT. I feel so vindicated.

No comments: