Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Zach Braff

I have an unreasonable hatred of Zach Braff in general and Garden State in particular. I like the soundtrack (more on this later), but the script is just SO BAD I don't have words to describe it. James says I hate the movie because I had some petty complaint about the portrayal of psychiatric medications in it, and he's at least partially right, but Natalie Portman and her cute little helmet? Come on people!

Anyway, in checking links on my blog, I discovered that Zach Braff has a new website. How nice for him. And apparently a new movie. But the truly disturbing discovery was this: Zach Braff, who I consider to be the paradigm for lameness, and I listen to the same music. Seriously, The Last Kiss soundtrack looks like my work playlist (although I have officially washed my hands of Coldplay unless I need a quick auditory benzo to bring me out of a panic attack) and he has a "listening to" plug in on the side and we seriously are listening TO THE SAME SONG. Sia, Breathe Me. I realize me listening to that song might be lame, but the fact that Zach Braff's image staff who put up what are probably fake playlists chose that song too makes me sad.

I've been ranting about innane things an above average amount. I'm in one of those moods where I want to just punch someone - anyone - in the face. I mean, if I really had to choose, I might punch Don Zimmer, just because it would be funny, but I'd probably settle for an innocent small child in a pinch. I need a kickboxing class or smething.

No comments: