Wednesday, July 30, 2008

@home

It feels weird at the age of 28 to refer to the house I grew up in as "home", but it's the closest I have right now, and it really feels nice to come home to Monson. Mom is still on summer vacation and I have no plans, so I'm just hanging out, reading, watching tv, and sleeping a lot.

Today mom and I went swimming at a little pond in the woods with her friend and her friend's daughter. It was tiny and a little mucky, but just for us. I loved it, even though I was a little muddy when I got out. Apparently I prefer solitude over cleanliness. There were hawks near the pond, which were pretty much amazing to watch.

I came home and went to sleep at 7:45 or so, and I'm up for a few minutes before I go back to bed. I've been exhausted, but I can't decide if it's from the traveling or the stress or what.

No comments: