Monday, February 09, 2009

warm chickpea and broccoli salad

I've been craving vegetables for several days now. Not just like "I could use a salad". Elaborate fantasies about roasted beets and fennel salads.

I've really enjoyed reading the New York Times series recipes for health. This past week was broccoli, and although broccoli isn't something I really need a recipe for, new ideas are always good. I made the warm chickpea and broccoli salad. It came out nicely, although I would caution you that shaking the covered bowl to distribute the dressing might make the broccoli crumble a bit. I'd probably add a little more broccoli next time, although I have no idea if I used the amount called for in the recipe.

I've decided to make time in my day for cooking dinner. It helps me to feel less rushed, and more in touch with what I need to be balanced and healthy and calm. After dinner tonight (and last night) I took the time to get coffee ready to go for the morning and throw smoothie ingredients together too.

Sleeeeeepy! Night!

No comments: