Saturday, July 11, 2009

Web Browser ABC Meme

I just discovered the "Page Info" stuff in Firefox 3.5. I'm not sure if this is new or not, but it allowed me the opportunity to see how many times I've visited certain domains. Apparently I reload Facebook an average of 57 times a day.1 Oops!

And with that in mind, I now bring you the ABCs of my AwesomeBar.

(Instructions: type the letter ‘a’ in your browser location bar and choose the first match from the dropdown. Repeat for each letter of the alphabet.)

A: http://asitebyanyother.name/
B: Blind Pig Music
C: Chalk, Cheese, and a Beard
D: Delicious
E: Etherpad
F: ubiquity-firefox | Google Groups
G: Troubleshooting Ubiquity Interface Problems
H: ubiquity-firefox: log
I: isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine
J: Jonathan Coulton
K: Pulling it Together: 19.7 - Kaiser Family Foundation
L: Mozilla Labs » Ubiquity
M: Ann Arbor, MI to Monson, Massachusetts
N: NYTimes
O: Orbitz Travel: Airline Tickets, Cheap Airfare, Hotels, Vacations, Car Rentals & Cruises
P: planet ubiquity
Q: Twitter / Search - ubiquity
R: Recovery.gov
S: Songza
T: The Ride - Ann Arbor Transportation Authority
U: ubiquity-firefox | Google Groups
V: How We're Releasing Ubiquity 0.5 on Vimeo
W: Wowhead: You'll be back.
X: xkcd - A Webcomic - Form
Y: YouTube - Hey Paul Krugman (A song, A plea)
Z: Shoes, Clothing, Handbags, Sunglasses | Zappos.com Free Shipping

Only surprise is that Pandora didn't show up, although the URL of planet ubiquity is filled with Ps. Other than that, it looks just like my life. Music, ubiquity, nerding. I guess I feel like I read a lot more health news and a lot more wikipedia than this list would indicate.

1: Is it wrong that I want to put a methodological note here? I've had this Firefox profile for 305 days, which I guessed with terrifying accuracy and then actually checked with a date calc.

No comments: