Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Material Girl

I used to be a little obsessed with the attainment of material goods, but as I've gotten old and wise, that has faded quite a bit. I still have a few obsessions (yarn, bike stuff, yoga dvds I have no intention of ever doing) but overall I just don't buy that much stuff anymore.

That being said, I occasionally have serious thing-lust. For example, I lust after all varients of iPods even though I already have a perfecty functional iPod. One of my latest lusts is t-shirts. I really want these t-shirts from threadless.com:

Actually, Threadless sells out of designs all the time, so I just ordered "The Communist Party". I'm taking a wild guess on fit, but I think it will probably work. $17 for a t-shirt pretty much blows my clothing budget for the next two months, but I'll probably survive. Too bad though, I also really want the "Hugs Not Drugs" t-shirt I saw at Target. That's the next in my t-shirt collection, although it is of lower priority because I can't wear it to work. I'm still deciding on the work appropriateness of the commies.

Update: She who hesitates is without a cool t-shirt. I put the shirt into my shopping cart and then had a huge debate with myself over ordering a second shirt. As I was falling asleep last night, I remembered I'd never placed the order and thought about getting up to do it. Alas, when I got to work this morning, "The Communist Party" was completely sold out. I requested a reprint, although I'm sure I'll be waiting a while.

Update again: I guess Threadless made some sort of inventory error, because I just checked again and they had it in stock! Hooray!

3 comments:

Heather said...

The second shirt is called "Vikings are just Swedish Pirates" and has Ikea-inspired instructions for assembling a boat full of Vikings.

Anonymous said...

Chrisaboo is such a n00b. Just click the other button and you can comment with out creating a blog.

Heather said...

Don't call my c-boo a noob! I fixed it on her feedback. :) I was trying to cut down on comment spam, but as it turns out all the spammers have blogger accounts.

Blogger sucks a whole lot less since they were bought out by Google.