Thursday, January 19, 2006

Victor Garber

Victor Garber is the only celebrity who I have ever wanted to write a fan letter to. If I ever wrote that fan letter, it would read something like this:

Dear Victor Garber,
You make me happy to be alive.
Love, Heather

For those of you who don't know, he is best known currently for his role of Spy Daddy Jack Bristow on the television show Alias. The quotes are so mundane that I won't even bother to repeat them - his magic is all in the delivery. Rent the DVDs, especially the Pilot where Sydney's finacee calls Spy Daddy for his blessing. It's classic.

He also recieved an Emmy nomination this past year for his guest appearance on Will and Grace. Just picturing him saying "It's sinfully delicious" almost makes me die laughing.

James got me the best birthday gift ever this past year, which was an autographed Victor Garber Alias trading card. It's shiny and metallic, but more importantly, it has been touched by the One True Garber. I have it in a frame and briefly considered putting it on my desk at work (which is woefully underdecorated, with a Penny Arcade comic, a stolen social norms campaign poster, a poster of an Intel 386 processor with a real 386 processor stuck to it, and a birthday card from my coworkers) but then I decided that I would have a hard time expressing why a television show trading card was such a cherished posession. I mean without sounding creepy and obsessed. Because I am creepy and obsessed.

No comments: