Saturday, April 08, 2006

OMGWTFBBQ!

I'm so pissed off at Thunderbird right now. Its "adaptive spam filter" has been catching my Orbitz deal detector emails. So a week and a half ago, my plane ticket to Sarah's graduation would have been $214 - had I actually gotten the email and booked my flight. This week I bought my ticket for $286. How exactly is it $72 more to book a ticket this week than last week? Sigh. I really shouldn't complain. I'm flying out of Tucson and using a bizarre configuration of airports into and out of DC and don't have to fly in or out of BWI. But still, what exactly prompted my spam filter to catch that of all emails? It hates me, that's why.

A while ago I was talking to Sarah and she told me her New Year's Resolution was to "stop attaching excessive meaning to inanimate objects". I thought that was the funniest thing I've ever heard, but I guess if I'm pissed off at my email software, it wouldn't be a bad resolution for me either. Except I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions - apparently I was so vehement about it when James and I were first dating that he's been afraid to make resolutions and tell me about it ever since for fear of me thinking he is "feeble minded" or something like that.

No comments: