Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wayback Machine

While trying to update a broken link on Wikipedia, I came upon some adorably outdated articles I wrote for The Dartmouth my freshman year in college. The first is a meditation on how overpowered iMacs are as public BlitzMail machines. Check out those system specs! (These same iMacs would later spawn the great pink eye epidemic of 2001-2002.)

The second was an article about some of my favorite websites at the time. Oddly, some of those sites are still around, and are hilarious!
The remaining sites have vanished into the tubes, never to be seen again.

And finally, I don't want to forget my 1998 interview with Archimedies Plutonium. The article is nothing special, but you really should read about the man himself, or you may live out the rest of your life without understanding that the whole universe is actually one giant plutonium atom. He is also apparently a usenet celebrity, and has quite the Wikipedia user page. For anyone out there still wondering, he actually did scrub pots at Dartmouth, until he was replaced by an automatic dishwasher, attempted to sue the school, and subsequently left Hanover because the people there were too backward to handle his science.

2 comments:

CMars said...

I don't know if it's juvenile or not but the "letters" section in the exploding whale cracked me up A LOT.

Erik said...

LMFAO. This was funny as hell when I saw it in the Reno 911 movie. It's even funnier now that I know it really happened. Classic! LOL :P