Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ann Arbor!

I'm finally here AND in my new place AND have internet access. This morning I picked up all my stuff from the post office. I walked up to the counter and said "I'm picking up A LOT of general delivery" and the woman at the counter said "Oh, are you the one with ALL those parcels?" Apparently my stuff is well known among the fine folks at the main Ann Arbor post office. I had hired a guy with a truck, Eric, to actually move my stuff from post office to my second floor bedroom, so all I had to do was watch and direct and try to stay out of the way.

Then Dave and I went for a gourmet lunch of McNuggets, then to Target for the usual move in stuff (hangers, a floor lamp, pillows, a fan that immediately broke when I plugged it in) and Trader Joes for my food basics. All that is good, because I am a little overwhelmed by settling in, and having food and some basic stuff is making it easier.

My biggest thing about Ann Arbor so far is that I have to figure out transportation. And get furniture. Those two things are loosely related, due to me not having a way to actually pick up any furniture. And until I have at least a little furniture, there's not much point in unpacking, other than to laugh at how poorly I packed.

Oh, and I need a coffee maker. Someone should try to talk me out of buying one of these.

No comments: