Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics for Insomniacs

Due to a four hour mid-day nap today, I am sitting here wide awake at 4:30 am, watching coverage of the mens 50k racewalk on USA. It is hilarious. First, I have learned that racewalking is a "highly technical sport" and therefore we should expect China to excel at it, much like gymnastics and diving. Second, for those of you who don't readily convert kilometers to miles in your head, that's 31 miles of racewaking, which as far as I can tell, consists of getting as close to running as possible without getting disqualified. Finally, racewalking is considered a track and field event, so the D list commentators had the opportunity to comment AGAIN on how both the mens and womens 4x100 relay teams dropped the baton. As if we hadn't heard about that yet.

On an unrelated note, apparently 5 am is not the best time to deal with Bank of America customer service about them repeatedly fucking up your credit card billing for six months in a row. By the end, I was given another phone number I can call at 8 am to "help me understand my products and services better." Riiiiight. Me not understanding is the problem.

No comments: